Support Can you remove a contact group?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hightechredneckwoman, Sep 1, 2010.

1. hightechredneckwoman

Sep 1, 2010
    Web programmer
    North Dakota
    When I first set up my phone, I synced my Google contacts (from 2 accounts). I have since cleaned up my contacts, no longer syncing the Google contacts ... I only have my phone contacts. After cleaning things up, I still have 2 empty "Google" contact groups.

My question: Is it possible to remove a contact group? I haven't found a way to do it and I have had no luck searching here or on the rest of the internet. I just want to clear up the clutter. I think it's silly to have 2 empty contact groups. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    in contacts, there is an option to control which account(s)' contacts display...did you try that setting?

Just a question - you are storing your contacts only on your phone? Why don't you want to sync w/the cloud so you have them backed up automatically? Right now, you lose your phone or something goes wrong with it, you lose all your contacts...

3. hightechredneckwoman

Sep 1, 2010
    Web programmer
    North Dakota
    I know that I can switch between the groups. That's not my issue. My problem is that I have 2 empty contact groups that I will never use. I want to get rid of them. I turned off syncing for the contacts on my Google accounts so they're not even on my phone any more ... just the empty groups.

I use Verizon's Backup Assistant to back up my contacts. I used that on my last phone too. It does everything I need.