Can you set a ringer by call type?Support

Last Updated:

1. Mishon

Mishon Member This Topic's Starter

I have not seen this question addressed yet, so sorry if i missed it. I want to know if you can set the Hero to ring a preset tone for certain call types. For example: calls with id but not in your contacts, and calls without id, each being assigned a separate ring.

Note: I have not purchased the phone yet, I am still debating this one and the Moment by Samsung

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I'm not aware that you can do this feature.

On a side note:
    A lot of people have switched from the Moment to the Hero after the first week or two.

The lack of a physical keyboard is the only trade off and personally I used to think I couldn't live with out a physical keyboard. I have officially changed my mind.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If I'm reading your question correctly, yes. But it's not a very straight forward process.

I have my hero set to do a different ring for private/unknown numbers. I have a different ringtone for contacts (work related has it's own tone, wife has her own tone...) and all other calls (i.e. not in my contacts) have a different and distinct ringtone.

4. kurpaige

kurpaige Well-Known Member

Can i ask how did you get this set up?

5. Kelmar

Next time you get a call from a Private or Unknown number, save it to you contact list and apply a specific ringtone to it.

Assign a ringtone to ALL of you contacts.

Make a default ringtone for all other calls (which will be everyone who is not on your contact list).

6. Mishon

Mishon Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, think I will be ordering the phone soon.

7. Kelmar

No problem. Any other questions?

8. Redgrrl

Redgrrl Member

Are you saying if i have 300 contacts that i should go through each contact and individually assign a specific ringtone to them so that the default ringtone will be the unknown caller ringtone?

9. Kelmar

No, just save a Private or Unknown Caller to your contact list and assign them a ringtone (or send right to VM).

10. endaugust

endaugust Member

Okay. that solves "private"/"unavailable"/"unklnown" issue, but what about random numbers that are not in your contacts, like a new solicitor?

How would I go about setting a ring tone for numbers that are not in my contacts? For example, any calls that come from numbers that are in my contacts would ring a certain way, and numbers that are not from my contacts ring differently?