Can you set Bluetooth to activate with the car dock app?Support

Last Updated:

1. spooksmcgee

spooksmcgee Member This Topic's Starter

I read the thread at http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-incredible/85052-bluetooth-battery-consumption.html and noticed everyone saying that BT significantly drains your battery when on but not in use. It seems like a huge pain to have to press an icon everytime I get in the car and everytime I leave to turn it back on, especially since I don't get too many calls while I'm driving. Is there a way to have BT cut on when the car dock app is activated (I have the Motorola car dock app)? And if not, does anyone know if the drain in battery on the DX is significant? Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

Check out tasker on the market, I believe it supports a docked context that will let you do any number of tasks once activated.

Tasker for Android

I have it set up to turn off bluetooth during work hours to curtail battery drain.

3. ryanc2

ryanc2 Well-Known Member

Yes - "Setting Profiles" from the Market. Not free, (like $2 or $3 I think) but very much worth it. Mine activates BT and GPS when in the car dock and disables notifications when in the home dock between hours of 22:00 and 06:00 (while me sleepy).

It will return settings back to "pre-activation" state when undocked (or whatever triggers the rule). For me, BT is then again disabled when undocked from the car.

4. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I use tasker as well. It works well for anything I've tried on my DInc or X

5. PowersUSA

PowersUSA New Member

I had the same question. I just found a free app in the market called DockCarSwithes. It allows bt and wifi to be toggled on/off.

6. lisbeth

lisbeth New Member

I use an app called Car-Bluetooth-Activator. It switches on bluetooth when your location changes and turns off bluetooth when devices disconnect. It works great but it is not for free.

7. firetruck41

firetruck41 Well-Known Member

I think you can do that with "Car Home" from the app store, a better, replacement car dock.

8. Bassale

Bassale Member

I use custom car home. Never had any problems with it. Very customizable and free. I have mine set to turn off wifi, turn on gps, and turn on bluetooth when connected. Can also add as many screens and apps as you want.