Can you skip words in predictive text?Support

Last Updated:

1. spffms

spffms New Member This Topic's Starter

The predictive text on the HTC stock keyboard works great. However, there are certain occasions where I do not want to select the predicted word (or any of the other suggestions). Normally, I would want to hit the spacebar to proceed to the next word I want to type. However, when I hit spacebar it selects the predicted text and replaces what I typed.

Is there a trick to skipping predicted text?

95% of the time I want the predicted text, but 5% of the time I don't want the words that are displayed and want to proceed on to typing the next word.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very annoying sometimes. Must be an easy way to do this. Closing the keyboard and re-opening the keyboard works but is cumbersome.

3. bravesfan171

bravesfan171 Well-Known Member

I just click somewhere else in the text field. Works a lot faster that way!

4. spffms

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have clicked somewhere else in the text field and that does work, but I was hoping there was a key on the keyboard itself that would bypass the predicted word. Both the "spacebar" and "enter" keys select the predicted word...it would be nice if one selected and the other allowed you to bypass the word.

5. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

<posted in wrong thread, sorry>

6. jr461

jr461 Active Member

I think the actual letters you typed are the left most suggestion and you can tap it. I also sometimes want to use what I typed even though it may not be recognized. It will also add that "word" to the dictionary

7. spffms

Cool, I'll have to check that out and see if the word listed in the far left is the actual letters I typed. That would work!