Can you turn off the beep when you plug in but leave sound on?Support

Last Updated:

1. PaulQ

PaulQ Active Member

The phone beeps when you plug it in. Can you turn off this beep other than silencing the whole phone?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I only know of deleting the audio file. But you need root to do that.
  3. Phillegitimate

Phillegitimate New Member

Yeah, you can. Your phone needs to be rooted first, though.

Then you need a Root file manage like Root Browser. Navigate to:

System/media/audio/...

After this, I'm not sure which folder it is in. It's in one of them. I'm pretty sure it was in the "ui" folder. Then you will find it, I also can't remember the name of it, since I went in and deleted it a couple days ago and didn't think about it since.

It was named "Plug in" or "Charging" or something to that effect. What I would do is go to the ones you think may be the one you're looking for, open it, listen to it to see if it matches up.
    If it does, just delete the .ogg file out of there, and you won't have to worry about being interrupted by a jiggly charging cable while listening to podcasts, or audio books, or Bach or what have you. Let me know if this worked for you. But it's the route I went.
    Ronski likes this.
  4. SUroot

Ui/charger_connection.ogg
  5. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

This beep is the one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen on an android phone. It doesn't serve a purpose. You can tell by the screen that it is plugged in, why do you need a beep. I put mine on silent just for a minute long enough to plug it in, then restore the sound.
  6. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Not if you are blind or partially sighted.
  7. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

I cant understand how this could annoy anyone to this extent?
    Sephiroth75 likes this.
  8. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

+100

OP acts as if there is a giant warning horn blaring or something. It's not as if it beeps continuously as it's charging. It's a freakin "bleep bleep" sound that isn't loud and probably lasts a half second, maybe 3/4 of a second tops.
    :confused:
  9. kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy Well-Known Member

Cant people just enjoy the phone lol
  10. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

+1 to your +100. :)
  11. SUroot

It may not be loud but its enough to wake my other half when I creep to bed at 3am.... after spending too much time doing the extremely frowned upon "android stuff"
  12. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

One would hope that "Android Stuff" means partying at the pub, chatting up some cuties (innocently since you have another half) etc. But I fear that Android Stuff means lying on the couch with an infomercial on in the background playing around with your phone to get that homescreen set up "just-so"!

edit - I see you are a ROM developer so THAT is what you mean! (and we thank you for it!)
  13. SUroot

Ha ha. Yeah its all the time I spend tweaking etc. Stupid stuff like getting poweramp to read my music repository on my NAS and crap like that
  14. I would have thought that if you are that worried about a slight noise waking your other half, you would have the phone on silent/vibrate anyways.
  15. SUroot

No, I'd root and remove the sound
  16. Darkax

Darkax Well-Known Member

Use Tasker app and make a profile that silences your phone when it's plugged in.
  17. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Or when the motion sensors detect 'creeping' in play :)
  18. But you leave all of the other sounds on? I'm not sure I'm following your logic, here. The charging beep is too loud, but you wouldn't take the steps to eliminate the other sounds that the phone may make (putting it on silent) which, in turn, would eliminate the charging sound anyways?
  19. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

A well-placed finger over the speaker grille while plugging in your phone will muffle almost all of the sound. No root required. :)
  20. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Would tasker even be able to recognize the service is plugged in before the sound goes off?
  21. SUroot

No. I actually have a profile in tasker that silences the phone after certain times. I'm just trying to provide an example.

Anyway the point is I don't need a beep or want a beep. There are loads of ui sounds like camera shutter that I don't want to have to create profiles for or silence the phone for, so I delete them.
  22. nikashri

nikashri New Member

I know this is totally wrong topic but i search for two days but not found the answer to my problem.

I've got no sound at all when i plugged the charger. And also no sound when the battery is low.

I've checked /system/media/audio/ui and Charger_Connection.ogg and TW_Low_Battery.ogg are still there.

I want the sound back. Help me somebody.
  23. newmanmb

newmanmb Member

That sound while being plugged in has been annoying me from day one. This alone made it worthwhile to root the phone...
  24. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

settings/acessory/dock sound
    dre10g likes this.
  25. ewlloyd

ewlloyd New Member

Very simple -- if you're listening to music, and need to charge your phone, the two seconds of silence, followed by the beep, followed by two more seconds of silence can be extremely jarring. That's why I'm looking for a way to shut it off.