1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

can you turn off the "my magazine" thing?General

1. maximus96

maximus96 Well-Known Member

Is it possible? I have "swipe home button" installed and I want to keep "swipe up to home" instead of bring up the magazine thing...i already have flipboard for that

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

I'm not certain if this is accurate, but when I use Nova, I too use a swipe up motion to get to my main home screen.

But it is my belief that in order to bring up the magazine thing, you need to slide your fingers from the VERY BOTTOM of your screen, like you would to pull the notification bar down if you weren't using nova...because in nova you can just flick anywhere on the screen in a downward motion to get your notifications.

So, I believe your upward flick anywhere on your screen will do the home screen and a flick from the VERY bottom of the screen initiates the magazine program.

Again, totally speculating based on what I saw on some review videos.
  3. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Yeah, this My Magazine thing is annoying me to no end. It pops up every time I hit the home button. I went into the app manager to turn it off. Guess what? That option isn't available. :(
  4. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

I think a saw a you tube video where if you go to my magazine ...there is a sittings section where you can turn it off from the home button...it won't turn off but maybe this will help it not come up as much...
    chimphappyhour likes this.
  5. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Well, that got it off of the home button. Unfortunately, you have to jump through all of their hoops and activate the app before you can get to that point from what I could tell.