Can you unflash an Incredible?Support

Last Updated:

1. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is a guy selling on on my local Craigslist and it is flashed to Cricket. Can this be undone easily and restored to original factory Verizon standard?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

I don't think the Inc. is available on Cricket. Sounds like BS.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

+1, the guy is trying to rip someone off. The Incredible would have to be rooted first, and then an OFFICIAL ROM released. Neither of these have happened, so no, it is NOT possible, at all, don't buy it, it's a scam.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Not saying everyone on Craigslist is honest, but there are a ton of Eris' on Cricket and they aren't rooted. Cricket can activate just can't get mms I believe? Head over to the Eris forums and take a look, somebody over there with a funky name like pkoplak or something like that is the Cricket expert. If it can be done I'm sure it can be undone, maybe as easy as a factory reset for all I know

5. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

My guess is that it "is" an Eris!

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Here is one thread looks like there is even a way to get mms working without root, every eris "trick" I've tried so far has worked on the incredible so......
    http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/51990-eris-cricket-mms-wep.html

while I'm not as skeptical as some of you folks the one thing I would most definately do if you are buying this phone is meet him in a vzw store and verify the meid is clean, most folks on cricket are trying to save money, so buying a $500 phone makes no sense to me, what does make sense is he bought it through verizon then woops didnt pay his bill or canceled early and activated it on cricket (they'll turn anything on) which would more or less leave you with a paperweight. blacklisted on vzw means page plus won't even activate it.