can you upload movies to this phone from a pc?Support

Last Updated:

1. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to put movies from a PC onto the phone?

Advertisement
  2. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

yes. i convert them to mp4 before transferring to a folder i made under DCIM called video. there was a thread
    i found here dealing with various settings used when converting. Ive had some good success using free
    converters like AnyVideoConverter.

3. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member

now I'm interested.

I converted and movie file on my pc through the anyvideoconverter to a mp4 and uploaded it to the phone via the pc studio.

I get a pixeled garble mess when played.

wtf?

now what do I do?

my pc/phone iq = less than novice.

please link threads. post advice. etc.

please/thank you

4. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Yes you can. You're doing it the hard way. Just download it in Divx format. Torrent etc any movie. for about 700mb you can have a full length movie via your sd card. The Moment has Divx playback compatibility. If you don't understand try the other method. :)

Woody4OU likes this.
  5. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

^^ First, try installing a free app called "video player" from the market.
    I dont use any software to move stuff to and from the phone. When you plug into the PC drag down the top usb icon and then "mount" the SD card. Under the DCIM folder i made a folder called "video" and that is where i drop the movie. When you start the video player it finds them and allows you to choose.

As far as pixelated images, im not sure what to tell you. At the top right corner of AVC you choose what hardware you are converting the file for. Chose MP4 there, the only other change i make is to the resolution output where i set it for 320x240. This might be your issue if you didnt change the overall display size. Note that 320x240 is not the optimum size for the phone but the best one available using the FREE any video converter. The Pro version had more options but costs some money.

Try loading that player first, then maybe reconvert and make sure some of the basic settings are as ive described.

Use the search feature here and search for "Converting video" and you will find some additional info from others. Some of it is using other phones but the basics are there.

Woody4OU likes this.
  6. Iforgit

Iforgit Well-Known Member

This happened to me and it boggled my mind....what was I doing wrong. Well I was using handbrake which I really like to convert to the MP4 format. What I later found out was you need a decrypter I think they are called. Look for something like that on the internet. I did a bunch back a few months ago before I went on a trip and I can't remember the name of the program. It runs in the system tray in the bottom right, you put a dvd in the rom and it has a frowny face, then when it's ready it turns to a happy face. Then you rip it on handbrake under Ipod settings and it works beautifully.

I highly recommend it, only downside is that it takes about 3-4 to rip one of these movies and it takes up a good bit of room. Also I learned when you were testing, do a small extra clip or outake or something short like that to figure out if it works, then you don't have to wait 3 hours to test it out.

edit: I found it, it's called dvd43