Can you use the 7.7 with T-Mobile?General

Last Updated:

1. ucladave

ucladave Member

I have a smartphone with Tmobile on a value plan with 2gb "unlimited" data. Im looking for a tablet that I can just take my sim card out of my phone and insert into the tablet and have it access my data directly. Does anyone know if this tablet would work for that?

2. Tallmike00

Tallmike00 Active Member

I am surprised you have not received an answer earlier. Yes, it will work if you get the unlocked version of the 7.7. My 7.7 is unlocked GSM (which is what T-Mobile and AT&T operate on). I have a Google Nexus smart phone as well. I keep my SIM card (T-Mobile network) in my phone normally, but I can pull out the SIM, put it into the 7.7, and make phone calls if I desire. When you say "have it access my data directly" to which data do you refer? Most data for me is available through wifi and that is how I use my tablet most of the time. However, if you don't have wifi handy and still want access to the internet, putting the SIM in would enable it. Just keep in mind that data transfer depends upon how good your signal is. If you are at "Edge" data download will be very slow.