• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you use the Milestone with one hand?

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
Can you use the Milestone with one hand? What are your impressions?

I understand I'd get the most out of it with 2, but I still find it convenient to be able to use a mobile with one hand, when the other is busy (carrying something holding on in a train, etc).

Can you use the Milestone with one hand? What are your impressions?

I understand I'd get the most out of it with 2, but I still find it convenient to be able to use a mobile with one hand, when the other is busy (carrying something holding on in a train, etc).

I have the droid (same as the milestone) and yes, you can use it with one hand. The other day I was holding some papers, and a can of soda with one hand, and playing poker on my droid with the other.

Upvote 0
I have no problem with using the phone except for the texting. I'm fairly new to the touch screen thing and still prefer the physical keyboard - it's kinda hard to use that with one hand. But I'm getting used to typing text with one hand on the virtual touch keyboard and I must say I'm getting better by the hour.

Thanks a lot for all the info, guys!

Upvote 0
While I am good at texting using QWERTY I would still like the option to text using one hand via keypad/number pad. Is there any app that would allow me to text this way? I know that on my girlfriend's Hero she has the option to text via qwerty or keypad, however on my milestone i only have the qwerty option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones