Can you watch DivX movies with Android?

Last Updated:

1. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am considering a Droid X or Fascinate and one of the questions I posted in a long winded quest to find information that was essentially ignored.

One of the questions was about my normal use of downloading or ripping DivX movies and moving them to my memory card to watch while I am out and being delayed... or maybe.... while at work :D.

Can I do this with the Android OS phones?

Advertisement
  2. BacchusNC

BacchusNC New Member

I know converting to .mp4 will work!! have done this very thing with my evo so i can watch movies "on the go". I used OJOsoft Total Video Converter which worked great using one of their presets.

Let the conversion run, dragged and dropped to my videos folder via usb, opened it up with stock android video player. BAM movies to go...now i jsut need a bigger microsd card!

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Yes, no need to convert. Download "Rockplayer Universal". It plays most video formats (including Divx, Xvid, etc)...

4. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you gor the response! I was trying to ask all my questoins at once, but that seemed to be too much for anyone to read through...LOL... I'll keep asking one at a time until I have my questions taken care of.

Thank you!