Can you watch online videos? got flash?Support

Last Updated:

1. Longfellow78

Longfellow78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I've heard that the galaxy S doesn't have flash support so you can't watch videos online until flash 10 is added with Froyo 2.2 at the end of the year. Is this true? does the galaxy S really have no way of watching videos online?

Also, if you can watch videos online (or will be able to with Froyo) does the TV out allow you to stream high quality video onto a TV? For example using BBC iplayer, can you send to a TV? My netbook has a 1.6ghz processor and is choppy, so I was wondering (if doubtful) if the galaxy S could do this.

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

The TV out is SD only. Works quite nicely mind.

The DNLA support will let you do HD but you'll need the right kind of TV. Don't think that'll ever work with the likes of iPlayer either.

Longfellow78 likes this.
  3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

There's an official youtube app that let you watch youtube.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Been checking out the apps on my Galaxy S, and I found a flash player. No idea how long it has been there. Anyway, I went ahead and put a flash game onto my SD card. And guess what? If I open it as an image, and choose flash player, I can play the game! A little laggy (can't find a way to right click to lower the quality), but it works. With sound too!