CAN your network make a call and surf the web simultaneously????!!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. revs1227

revs1227 Well-Known Member

ok ok
    what the hell is the deal with this ?
    my neighbor has an evo on sprint in ny
    and he says to me " now all they have to do is make a phone where you can surf the web and make a call at the same time " jaw hit the floor ..he is unable to surf the web and make a call at the same time
    i also had this problem on verizon with my droid 2 .. i was told it was becuase verizon wasnt a "true" 3g network /.???
    i have been making calls and surfing the web on my G1 since day one !
    this would be totally unexceptable for me

infact just yesterday i was using my mt4g as a mobile hotspot for my laptop out on my site in the hamptons ny while taking and reciving calls and playing friends with words lol

what about at&t ? and iphone i think the iphone can even do this
    is there a problem with my friends evo?? thnx guys

2. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

Its the type of network that you are on. Sprint and Verizon are both CDMA networks and T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM networks. CDMA does not allow voice and data at the same time where GSM does. Thats why your G1 on T-Mobile can take calls and surf the internet while your friend's Evo on Sprint cannot. The same with the iPhone. The AT&T version can talk and surf at the same time whereas the Verizon version cannot. But I have heard that the new 4G LTE network that Verizon is switching to will allow voice and data at the same time.

So, no there is no problem with your friend's Evo. Its just the type of network that Sprint uses.
  3. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

cdma phones..

can do talk and surf on

the new thunderbolt.. is rumored to be able to do it on 3G. but they are not be promoting it
  4. revs1227

revs1227 Well-Known Member

wow what a great answer thanks for the info
    glad im on the network i am this will def determine weather or not i switch networks
  5. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

But can you pat your head and rub your belly at the same time?
  6. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Yup, I got AT&T!
  7. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I was surprised that some people could not call and surf at the same time. I don't do it often, but when I have to, I could do it. I didn't expect anything else. Btw, I'm on Bell Canada.
  8. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Way cool Bell Canada!

IFMISM Well-Known Member

In Charlotte we have 4g everywhere, so i talk and surf all the time.
    I have sprint