Last Updated:

1. ADP

ADP Member

I received my Acer tab today and I am very impressed by the built quality. The screen is as nice as the Ipad in my opinion.

I can

2. coin

coin Active Member

I was under the impression that the A500 does not work with push style email or emails outside of Google or use for Exchange type stuff with Outlook. I might be wrong, but so far I have not seen any settings for email outside of Google with Honeycomb or this tablet. Again, maybe someone else with more knowledge can clarify it for you.
  3. ADP

ADP Member

Problem solved.

First, I tried setting the Security type to none and then to SSL, port 465 but it didn
    SWaynebell likes this.
  4. PeteDee

PeteDee Well-Known Member

Its there and it works quite well, just find the email icon and run it, mine is sitting right next to my Gmail icon.

5. Vincent1111

Vincent1111 New Member

For the incoming server details, you can keep that of your ISP

For the outgoing server details, you can use the outgoing server of gmail which is:

Security type: none
    Port : 587

Also check "require sign in"
    Sign in will have to be your gmail user account sign in. Create a gmail account if you don't have one.
  6. SWaynebell

SWaynebell New Member

7. ajsimp

ajsimp New Member

Hello swaynebell, I am having same problem but using your method it still does not work.
  8. 87cncnu

87cncnu New Member

Had similar outgoing server problems with sympatico on my Iconia A110.

Configure incoming and outgoing mail server as noted in the first post, but used "STARTTLS" instead of "TLS/SSL" and Port 25 for Outgoing.

Spent 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with Bell, and they had no solution. Just stumbled on it when I was talking to my 5th Bell rep.