• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
That’s strange because I have a laptop on which I have not installed KIES & my phone connects to the lappy via Bluetooth. Laptop runs on Win 7 home professional 64 bit ver. If you want to sync your phone data with your lappy then use ‘MyPhoneExplorer’ FJ Software Development it’s a much better s/w. Use KIES on only for updating the phone firmware & that too if the OTA option is not available in your area.

Upvote 0
OK, after facing similar problem, I have called the store I bought my Samsung Ace 2, and the sale lady gave me this solution and it worked perfectly:

1) Unplug everything.
2) Go to your phone 'setting' -> 'wireless and network' -> 'usb utilities' then press the button 'connect storage to PC' THEN plug in the cable to the phone & computer. Then you will see android logo and it will say USB connected. Then your computer will detect the driver. You will have to repeat these steps every time you mount your usb driver.

Hope this helps. I haven't seen any solution on any forum sofar. If it works for you, please report back too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones