• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canadian Motorola Milestone Connection

If you are near the border I can help out. You can get the milestone for $509 with a special discount code. I just ordered mine for that :)

The problem is that they will not ship to states-has to be in Canada.

yea, really? is it that John Chen thing on Mobile Syrup? I only have PayPal to pay on though, but can get a Canadian address from my friend living there.

Upvote 0
Can you do anything lower, I mean I live right across the border and honestly have no problem setting something up, but Id rather get a lower price any way I can.

And you can always post up on Ebay, just make the shipping at 600 dollars to avoid paying the fees, then you will get more people giving you rep.

Ya look at ebay, they are selling for 650 US right now plus the 35 additional ship.

If you paid via direct bank transfer the PayPal fee would go away.
Slower shipping would also reduce the price.
I will look into other shipping companies and post the results.

Upvote 0
UNLOCK CODE FOR TELUS MOTOROLA MILESTONE DROID - eBay (item 200440244811 end time Mar-18-10 10:54:08 PDT)

its 15 dollars though.

Thanks very much. I don't mind paying $15...I thought it would be more actually. Now if Telus would just ship out my phone!! :)

Upvote 0
Shipping seems to cost the same no matter who go choose.

FedEx:
2 day = $50 CAD
5 day = $20 CAD

UPS:
2 day = $50 CAD
5 day = $20 CAD

DHL:
2 day = $50 CAD
5 day = $20 CAD

I also just realized that BestBuy will be selling this phone next week for $549, if this the case the above prices will be reduced by $50.

Phone: $580 CAD
My Fee: $10
PayPal Fee: $20 - I am pretty sure they charge 2.9%
Shipping_1: $30 - using Canada Post XpressPost USA 4-5 business days
Shipping_2: $20 - using any of the above 5 day options, or, Canada Post Expedited Parcel USA 11-12 business days

Total_1: $640 CAD (~$612 USD)
Total_2: $630 CAD (~$602 USD)

Upvote 0
Private Message.
I will send you another one.

In any case, I was able to pick up one phone at lunch today. I guess the Telus dealers are only getting 2 phones for the time being, I got the second one at my dealer !
There was some fine print in the advertisement however. To buy the phone outright is actually $750CAD. The $599 figure assumed you activated the phone on a month-to-month plan. Activation was $35CAD dollars, so this fee will be added onto the total selling price.
The good news is that Telus gave me a free car docking station (the one that attaches to your windshield), so this will be included with the phone.

Upvote 0
Private Message.

In any case, I was able to pick up one phone at lunch today. I guess the Telus dealers are only getting 2 phones for the time being, I got the second one at my dealer !
There was some fine print in the advertisement however. To buy the phone outright is actually $750CAD. The $599 figure assumed you activated the phone on a month-to-month plan. Activation was $35CAD dollars, so this fee will be added onto the total selling price.
The good news is that Telus gave me a free car docking station (the one that attaches to your windshield), so this will be included with the phone.

This is bull. I bought the phone yesterday for 677$ outright. 599.99 + 13% ontario tax. Don't go scamming :mad:

Upvote 0
Wow this is exciting, this phone is sweet.
here are some pics of the packaging.

updated shipping info is:

box: 17 x 5 x 5 cm
weight: 365 g

- the phone weights 171g with the battery. it looks like the weight on the web page was quoted without the battery.
- and i checked the shipping rates again, they should be the same as the ones listed above.

And to summarize the expected cost:

Phone: $667 CAD
My Fee: $10
PayPal Fee: $23
Shipping: $25 - FedEx 5 days

Total: $725 CAD

picture023m.jpg

picture022h.jpg

Upvote 0
Private Message.

I think that might be a dealer pulling a fast one. You can buy the phone outright at Bestbuy for CAD$550. I would have paid $577 with 5% tax if I bought one at Bestbuy today (they had a couple in stock) when I was there.

To reiterate, to all those that want the phone from Canada, it is CAD$550 outright if bought from Bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=d889353d659ad284a782753051dc7dd6en02

Upvote 0
I think that might be a dealer pulling a fast one. You can buy the phone outright at Bestbuy for CAD$550. I would have paid $577 with 5% tax if I bought one at Bestbuy today (they had a couple in stock) when I was there.

To reiterate, to all those that want the phone from Canada, it is CAD$550 outright if bought from Bestbuy.

Telus Motorola Milestone Smartphone - Best Buy Canada

from what the sales person was telling me, and what my receipt says, BestBuy requires you to activate the phone. So you cant just walk out the door at $549 + GST

Upvote 0
It's $630 from Telus if you buy it in Alberta (only 5% tax).

Fair enough...but I'm in Maryland, and most likely won't see Alberta anytime soon. I was just posting for comparison. Like I said, if I pick one up, it would be out of Montreal during the F1 race. Problem is I just dropped my AT&T contract, and not sure if I want to go back. I'm paying $43/mo for voice/data on T-Mobile's 7Mb network.

Upvote 0
Now that you do have the phone can you pop a rogers sim in there and see if it has edge as well as 3g. Telus advertises it as only hspa no edge but wikipeida says its quad band gsm/ Hspa 850 1900 but i cant find a straight awnser right now i have a shiny paper weight until i figure out something with telus or it has edge and hspa.

It does indeed have both edge and 3G. And quad bad GSM phone will get Edge speeds.

I'd recommend anybody getting this shipped use Canada Post, because if the seller uses Fedex/UPS and either of those companies decide this is not a gift you very well can charged with a brokerage fee.

As other have stated, the phone from Telus is $599 + tax, from bestbuy it is $549 + tax and from Telus team webstore it is $509 + tax but you have to wait for the phone to be shipped.

I ordered one from the Telus team store but then saw it at Bestbuy and bought one there as well

Upvote 0
It does indeed have both edge and 3G. And quad bad GSM phone will get Edge speeds.

I'd recommend anybody getting this shipped use Canada Post, because if the seller uses Fedex/UPS and either of those companies decide this is not a gift you very well can charged with a brokerage fee.

As other have stated, the phone from Telus is $599 + tax, from bestbuy it is $549 + tax and from Telus team webstore it is $509 + tax but you have to wait for the phone to be shipped.

I ordered one from the Telus team store but then saw it at Bestbuy and bought one there as well

Was it just 549 outright? They just sold it to you, not charging anything else but the phone and taz, which should've come to like 600 or something?

Upvote 0
Was it just 549 outright? They just sold it to you, not charging anything else but the phone and taz, which should've come to like 600 or something?

That is correct. For me since I'm in Ontario it was

549.99 + 27.50(GST) + 44(PST) = 621.49, man it suck living in Ontario...

There is no activation fee, or 1 month fee or anything else like that. Bought my unlock code last night and I am currently using the phone on Rogers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones