cancel my Incredible order?

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I placed my DINC order Monday and was completely content until my coworker just walked in w/ his Droid X this morning. My biggest qualm beforehand was the size, but now that I hold it in my hands it's not so bad.

I've never had an Android device but everyone tells me HTC Sense will blow me away. I need you all to convince me that the X will blow me away (if you do I'll swing by after work and cancel the DINC order and grab a Droid X). I'm not worried about specs and stuff, just user interface. What can I expect to get with the X?

Advertisement
  2. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, cancel that and get an X

3. cartisdm

I kinda figure I'd be in the X Fanboy-zone by posting here but that's ok. I need to know WHY though. Is sense all that great? How about once Froyo gets pushed out. I want my X to look impressive and sleek too....

If the interface can be sexy (especially after froyo) then I'll do it.

4. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

go ask them in the incredible forum and you'll get a Hell No... LOL give it a day or two if your undecided and see what your friend thinks after they have played with it some.. I mean your waiting on the incredible to come in since you already ordered it... you got plenty of time to decide.. :D

5. meezi

meezi Well-Known Member

Why don't you just try the X out while you wait? You can test drive it for 30 days. If you don't like it then switch back to the Inc. You're going to be waiting for it anyways...And if it doesn't work out then you won't be disappointed because you had your heart set on a Inc. from the beginning.

That's what I would do if I were you, so what you pay $35 for restocking fee. At least you'll be happy with the phone you get for the next 2 yrs.

6. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

yes, i have a DINC but the useer interface and widget selection and the design of those widgets is much nice in IMHO. Also the display on the DINC is far and away better...more vibrant, deeper colors. Now I can't make a clear to save my life, but the INC is good to look at .:)

7. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

i mean ive only had the x for a couple hours now but it really seems like six of one, half dozen of another

- do you like the big screen or do you want the sharp amoled screen? i personally prefer the size but if you dont care one way or another about the size, the amoled looks really really sweet
    - it seems to me the x is going to get faster offical android updates. however, it cant be rooted. so, if youre going to root the phone, youll get updates faster with the incredible. if you arent, you (probably) will with the x
    - call quality is noticeably better on the x
    - obviously i cant make a call on battery life yet

basically, if you have an incredible in your hands, the x wont make you jealous, thats for sure. on the other hand, seeing 9,000 commercials for the x a day and wondering if your phone will be supported by htc at all? well that could be frustrating

JA1234 likes this.
  8. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

^^well said^^

9. cartisdm

The X can't be rooted, or can't be rooted yet? I'm just getting into the Android world so forgive my ignorance but I was hoping to get to play around w/ rooting and ROMs. Also, read some places about maybe even getting a ROM w/ HTC Sense in it too maybe? Sorry, I'm talking out of my a** here but trying to piece together the whole picture...

10. lesscryptic2

theyre saying its going to be very very hard to root

i dont know much about the community, though, maybe people will be really excited to take the challenge and eventually do it. however, its a sacrifice i was prepared to make when i switched phones, im certainly not counting on it.

11. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

I've read that the main issue is not so much being able to root the X as the fact that the bootloader is protected, preventing installation of custom roms. Supposedly you will still be able to root though (from what I've read).

12. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I had a Dinc for 28 days. Great phone but I traded it in for the X . I haven't had it long (couple of hours) but so far I don't think I'm going to miss the Inc. Both are super so it depends on if you want the bigger screen or not. I also like the accessories for the X they really add value to it IMO. The Multimedia Doc turns it into a nice travel or home alarm clock/media player/video player and more. The Car doc turns it into a nice GPS/music system both or top quality and turn the x into completely different devices. Way cool.

13. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Except the "can't be rooted" part. It can and probably will be rooted but the bootloader is locked up tight and flashing ROMS will probably never happen.

14. lesscryptic2

sorry no clue what im talking about i guess

15. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

16. cartisdm

ok, just played w/ my coworkers Droid X a little more during lunch. I like the phone, interface, etc. Now....what do you all find about the size? I'm talking more in terms of carrying it around. If it's gonna be a major inconvenience to have on my person at all times then what's the point?