Cancel to get $60 a month

Last Updated:

1. rayjack8

rayjack8 Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't know until i read it here that i should of just bought the unlock version and get the even more plus plan for $60 a month.

I already order the $179 with the two yrs for $80. You think i can just cancel that (but keep my current N1), and have google charge me the $350 and sign up for the even more plus plan?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

hmmm that's a good question, but the phone you will be getting still won't be an unlocked phone

3. giomasterg

giomasterg Well-Known Member

It should work that way.. Just pop in your T-Mobile sim card and your good to go... don't quote me on that though... best bet is to call and ask

4. rayjack8

ok thanks. I'll try it when i get it tomorrow or friday.

5. shyguymw

shyguymw Member

Or would it be best to stick out the first 120 days with the contract price, and then cancel paying the $200 to T-Mobile for early termination. You wouldn't have to pay the $350 to Google after those first 120 days have passed, and then you can select your new plan option with a new account?

Does this even work? Is the ETF on T-Mobile still $200?

6. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

I think so... but when you factor in the 120 days worth of 79.99 a month i mean... it's all the same money in the end

7. rayjack8

This is my math.

If you go $80 * 4 month (120 days) = $320 + $200(termination fee) + $180(phone price) = 700

And $60 * 4 = $240 + $530 (phone price) = 770
    So you will save more money by keeping it for 120 days. Should work but never know until you try.

8. shyguymw

shyguymw Member

Actually upon reading the Terms of Sale, it looks like you can just return to Google within 14 days (30 days in Cali) and not have to pay the $350 or the ETF. Seems like that is the best route if you don't mind the up front $530.

9. Spriter

Spriter Well-Known Member

Quick question: What's to stop people from ordering the $39.99 Talk + Text even more plus plan and then add the $10/month web2go internet.

I heard that web2go also gives you 3g where available ... so wouldn't it be cheaper to go that route?