Cancelled plan, reset phone - now can't delete data on SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Folks -

Wondering if anyone here has any advice for my situation. I decided that I no longer needed my T-Mobile G1, so I canceled my service with T-Mobile, and decided to sell the phone on eBay. The first thing I did was to return the phone to factory default settings, to wipe all of my personal data before selling it. I found an option in the Settings app to do just this. In the last step of the prompts that the app gives you, it mentions that it will delete all data on the phone EXCEPT for data on SD card. At that time, I thought to myself - OK, I guess that makes sense. I will just delete the photos and music after I reset the phone to the factory default settings.

So, the phone resets without a problem. However, this introduced a new problem for me. The phone will not let me access the operating system (and the SD card) until I register the phone using my Google account. Unfortunately, I can't do this, because the phone has no service plan anymore. So, now I have no idea how to delete the remaining data from my SD card. Anyone have any ideas about how to do this?

Advertisement
  2. PlowRox

PlowRox Banned

Well I checked my sons G1 and the sd card comes out. Just put it in a sd card slot on your pc and delete it there. I sugest move files off, then format at least a couple times!. These memory cards are know for data retention issues!

Good luck!

:)

3. CaptainHaddock

CaptainHaddock New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey - thanks for replying!

Well, this is mighty annoying. None of my computers have a slot of this size. Now, I will have to buy an adapter just to perform this one task. Grrrr. If only I had known that BEFORE I reset the phone to the factory defaults.

Thanks for checking.