1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Candy Apple Apple IIe Emulator--Sweet!

Last Updated:

1. muab

muab Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you are 40+ and were a geek way back when you will be stoked with this Apple IIe emulator App I just found yesterday.

I got it without high expectations, and at first, playing with the included games I was only feeling so-so about it. Then I found a site (Asimovs) that has damn near all the old games I ever knew.

I just finished downloading Ultima IV and playing it on my Droid 1...it was a bit fumbly figuring out the keys and "changing floppy disks" but if you are familiar with that ancient hardware you will get the hang of it.

Anyway.. I am not associated with this App at all but I thought it was surprisingly cool and very nostalgic for me and maybe others.

cAndy Apple - Android app on AppBrain

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

Wow! That takes me back to elementary school! And I'm only 33 and I'm not a geek.

I remember learning a program called LOGO or something like that on an Apple II. It was a "programming" app of some sorts where you made the "turtle" (just a pixelated triangle) perform commands.

3. muab

Yes, I remember that. As I recall that was a programming teacher using Sprites.

I suppose they may have lingered on for a few years. I was into the Apple IIe from about 81-83...then on to different things (my brother sold his Apple IIe).

The original Wolfenstein (top down view), Zork, Ultima I, II, III, IV etc etc...

Sigh... When I was young and wild and...young.

:)

4. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

WOW! Memories!! Forgot all about Zork. That was even before I ran a BBS (Bulletin Board System - for those not that old) and played L.O.R.D.

5. muab

Wow...yes I remember a list of BBS number that I had when I was about 14...you were pretty cool to actually run one of them.

For the younger crowd it is funny to explain that a BBS was basically the internet back then.

So you basically were a feudal lord of the internet back in the medieval internet times.

:)

Oh, and I never really got into Zork... I was so burned out on text adventures after playing "Apple Adventure" or whatever it was called for a zillion hours... XYZZY and all that.

Cheer

6. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

my gawd i feel OLD
    :eek:

7. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Has anybody tried this out on an Incredible? Or any other phone without a physical keyboard? My Apple IIe at home has a dying monitor, so I haven't played much lately. Love Hard Hat Mack and Wolfenstein. would be great to have them on my phone!

8. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

If it is not against some rule here you should link (or PM me) the site where you found the plethora of games. This takes me back to my childhood.

9. muab

I don't think this breaks any rules. This is not a forum or any kind of competition for this site:

Csa2 Apple II FAQs GAME SITES

PyroSporker likes this.
  10. VentureForth

VentureForth Well-Known Member

Oooooh. I have an Apple IIe emulator for my Wii and love to let the kids play Lemonade Stand and Oregon Trail and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

11. NJtoTX

NJtoTX Member

Cool to see Olympic Decathlon again. Tried to play. You have to run by alternaterly pressing 1 and 2 as fast as you can. Unfortunately, the delay really screws this up. What would take about 11 seconds on the ||e takes over 2 minutes.