Cannot activate G1 build DRC92!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. ruijorgemoreno

ruijorgemoreno New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone!
    I am trying to activate my T-Mobile G1 through Wifi but I'm having trouble...
    I'm using this guide: http://androidforums.com/g1-support/6564-activate-stock-g1-over-wifi.html

First, when I connect the phone to the computer using the usb cable, I cannot install the adb drivers... (I tryed this before trying to activate the phone...)
    But I decided to go on even after trying this with no sucess...
    And after formatting my SD card and putting the DREAIMG.nbh, I start the phone in service mode and after reading the card it says "Not allow" and then it switches back to the rainbow screen and it shows something like this on the screen:
    "DREA110 PVT 32B
    HBOOT-0.95.0000
    CPLD-4
    RADIO-2.22.19.26I

Serial0
    "

Any hints?
    BTW my G1's build is DRC92. I can't find this anywhere else but that's the info my phone gives...

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    RJ.

Advertisement
  2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

This firmware to some (mostly european G1s) can be loaded from Goldcard only, so first you need to create goldcard and then it will work.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Qns wrt SG Htc Dream and SDcard

What means, that you can't install the adb drivers? G1 has to be switched to debugging mode, it will not work in USB mode (probably Settings / Applications / Development / USB debug - I don't know how it's named in US version).