• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot activate Google voice or YouMail on Incredible

groale

Lurker
Apr 30, 2010
I have been trying to activate either Voice or YouMail to no success. For both I am instructed to dial a *7 number and for both I get a Verizon nessage saying this feature update could not be completed. Calling Verizon of course is no help as they say they dont support third party applicatons. Why wont any of these numbers go through for me? I was using Youmail on my previous Stom with Verizon, but no it wont connect, and I just cant get Google Voice to recieve a message either. After setting up accounts with both I call my phone from a landline and leave a message and can only retrieve it by calling *86 (Verizon voice mail) from my cell phone. So its not forwarding. Any suggestions?

I've never had a problem using the google voice app on the incredible. I've set it up quite a few times. I just went through the set up and it changed my voicemail provider to google voice. Never had a problem dialing the number it gave me from within the google voice set up. After the number dials, all you should here is a "beep" and it's done. Try checking your google voice account online and see if it's linked with your cell number maybe.

Upvote 0
Well it may be that the voice mail isn't active on my phone, but that is because the number that I am told to dial from within Google Voice on my PC doesn't work. Under Settings is shows my Google Voice number, and that it forwards to my cell number. Next to that is "Activate Google Voicemail ion this phone" and clicking that tells me to dial *71 followed by my Goggle voice phone number. But I get the error message that this " feature update could not be completed".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones