• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot add contacts

gbw369

Lurker
Apr 26, 2013
My wife and I both have Atrix 4G phones- hers is completely unlocked and has an aftermarket ROM on it, and mine is rooted and has the stock rom. Within the last week or so (roughly coinciding with hotmail switching to Outlook in the APP store if that plays into this), the contacts on both phones stopped working. We both get a force close when we try to add contacts, view contact details or change the contact settings (menu- advanced options). We are able to see the contact details now by using a 3rd party app (contacts plus), but when you try to add a contact, it force closes again and gives you the message "The application Contacts Storage (process.com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have tried removing email accounts to try to fix it- clearing caches on the contacts, removing the contacts (backed them up with Titanium first), none of which have worked. If possible I'd love to solve this without reloading the operating system again, but I need to find some resolution to this problem.

Any ideas? It seems odd that both phones did this at the same time. We are both on Net 10 if that matters. I did try removing the SIM card to see if I could access the settings with it out in case that was affecting things, but it force closed then too.

I am having the same exact problem with adding contacts. I was a little late to the GB upgrade and had to once hotmail migrated to outlook.com. However, after the upgrade I can no longer access or add to my contacts. My phone is not rooted and although I'm not an idiot I am a noob when it comes to phones. Could someone please address this issue?!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones