Cannot add gmail account in HTC mailSupport

Last Updated:

1. kgkg

kgkg Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Folks!

I cannot add my gmail in my HTC mail application, but my gmail apps is already added. It always says authentication failed, even though I checked the imap setting as imap.gmail.com, ssl, 993.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

Advertisement
  2. Zaggs

Zaggs Well-Known Member

I got mine to work somewhat through the pop3 route. But seems to take too long to show up on the mail widget

3. kgkg

kgkg Active Member This Topic's Starter

Would pop3 download all email to my phone? I just want to have imap. Is there a way to do this? It is so weird.

4. HtcLegendLover

HtcLegendLover New Member

I had the same problem. The reason why it is not connecting is because the settings on your google account do not allow you to do so. So log onto your account through your browser, go to settings on the top right hand corner then select forwarding and pop/imap settings. you will find that imap is disabled and that is the reason you can't connect through the HTC widget.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers

5. Anblick

Anblick Member

I am also having this problem, but after checking my settings in gMail, it shows IMAP enabled. Any other ideas what might be causing it? It says it can't authenticate my username/password, yet the gmail app works fine with the same username/password.