• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot add picture attachements

I just noticed that I can no longer attach pictures to a message that I download from the internet. It say picture format no recognized. I have never had this problem before and there are no problems when I take a picture with the camera and attach it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on 4.4.4

I don't use Hangout, I use 8sms.

Heres a couple things you can try -
Check and make sure that the 8sms app is up to date through the playstore. According to the changelog, it Looks like it was updated just yesterday.
You could try and clear the cache. Go into System Settings/Apps/ scroll over to All apps, scroll down to and click on 8sms, then click force stop and then clear the cache. If that doesnt work and fix the problem, you can go back into the 8sms app settings and clear data this time. This would wipe out your text message history though. Clearing the app cache and/or data can and will fix a lot of app bugs.
You could also just simply try and uninstall and then reinstall 8sms app completely.
Also you could possibly contact 8sms... Through the support site - 8sms: A better stock messaging app for Android | 8sms

Hope this helps!

Reactions: amarie82
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones