• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot boot to recovery mode

yodamuppet

Lurker
Feb 19, 2010
I posted this in the "noob q&a" thread as well, but for exposure's sake I'm reposting as a new thread.

Seems I can't boot to recovery mode on my BH2. I've been all over the place looking for the exact method for booting to recovery, and I've seen all sorts of variations. The most common methods are to hold BOTH the Home and Power/End keys at the same time and continue holding them until you reach recovery, or to hold ONLY the Home key and continue to hold it after you have pressed the Power/End key to power up the device. I've also seen a couple people suggest that you should hold the Camera key while powering up. Suffice it to say, NONE of the methods I've tried have worked. When holding the Home key during power up, my phone hangs at the Android boot screen for about 2 minutes, but then continues to boot normally. Every other attempt to boot to recovery have resulted in a normal boot. WTH?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones