Cannot change ringtone! error (process com.htc.sdm)Support

Last Updated:

1. helpme!!

helpme!! New Member This Topic's Starter

please help i cannot change my ring tone. when i go into settings the ringtones, i get a error saying the application sound set (process com.htc.sdm) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again
    can any one assist???

Advertisement
  2. mobile_midget

mobile_midget Member

Ya I am having the same problem with my Desire Z. It started after I downloaded Malibo ringtone app, I tried to set a downloaded ringtone as my default and when it didnt work i uninstalled Malibo and have had this problem since...

3. Pikkupp

Pikkupp New Member

Finally fixed it! I had the same problem with Desire HD. I tried to uninstall a music app I thought caused the problem and restarted the phone, no luck, still not working!! I tried accessing ringtones via personalize > ringtones and got the same error message. Third time lucky, I went into personalize > sound set and selected HTC Default 2010 and hit apply. Went back to ringtones and all is fine... hope this works for you!

jamesng likes this.
  4. jamesng

jamesng New Member

My Desire HD had the same ringtone problem and your recommendation really works.
    Thanks.

5. Mika84

Mika84 New Member

I had the same problem...installing the app Mario Soundboard!!! I fix it thanks to your advice!!!
    Thank you.
    Also from my DHD. :D

6. glad2help

glad2help New Member

The best solution is to get the ringdroid ap it works always and it is an amazing so glad2help