• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cannot connect to android market

dbbd

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Got my new xperia mini 10x today, and wanted to head to the a-market.
The phone teels me I need to set up or sign -in with my google account. No problem, I have one.

When I fill in the user/password, it goes on for awhile, then fails. No reason specified (except that maybe the service is unavailable).

Now the details.
1. I have a 2G sim. I do not have, and will not have a 3G account & sim. I simply refuse to pay the prices. I am trying to work through wifi. Wifi works fine, I can login to gmail on the browser just fine.

2. I do not have a micro-sd yet. Its in the mail.

3. android 2.2 update 1

Any ideas? (I know without an SD, I won't be able to download anything, nut at least I'd be able to browse).

Thanks,
Dan

Welcome to the forums, dbbd.

I had a similar issue a while back with my Samsung Fascinate, and thought it had something to do with the Market's basic, well known instabilities now and then.

But I went ahead and removed my Gmail account in the application manager, cleared all Google related data and caches, including Gmail storage, etc, rebooted my device and started over with Gmail and Market.

That did it. I think that once in a while some of the items in caches just get corrupted and need to be cleared and restarted to regain full functionality.

It's worth a try.. takes a few minutes, but could remedy your issues.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums, dbbd.

But I went ahead and removed my Gmail account in the application manager, cleared all Google related data and caches, including Gmail storage, etc, rebooted my device and started over with Gmail and Market.

I do not have a gmail account in the application manager (at least not that I know of). Except accessing gmail via the browser, I was never able to set up a google account on the phone yet. It is brand new.

Dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones