1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Cannot Connect to CameraSupport

1. VeryEvilAsh

VeryEvilAsh Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anybody else is having a problem with their camera. 3 times today and a few times yesterday I tried to take a picture with the camera and it just doesn't open. I then get a message that says "Cannot connect to camera". I try everything but no matter what I can't use the camera unless I reboot the phone. I can then usually use it a few times before I get the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. VeryEvilAsh

I've done a search and it seems the barcode scanner may be the culprit. I uninstalled it and I'll report back after a day or so.
  3. friguy3

friguy3 Active Member

I had this happen (had this happen with my droid X before). Are you running a custom rom? My issue came running revolution HD when my phone started to run very slow and then I think the camera crashed. As I found from my droid X, when the camera "crashes" you cant connect to it again without completely restarting your phone. I went back to a more stock rom and now problems. And I did not have any bar code scanner installed fwiw.
  4. digiburd

digiburd New Member

having the same issue. 2 times so far i've gotten the "camera cannot connect" error. This time i uninstalled any app that accesses the camera.

I'll let you know if it fixes. Hopefully this is something easily fixed with an update from samsung or google.
  5. VeryEvilAsh

Haven't had any problems since I uninstalled barcode scanner.
  6. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Has happened to me twice. No bar code scannner installed.
    jlavezzo likes this.
  7. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Happened to me yesterday, power cycle fixed it. I do have bar scan installed.
  8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

I have had barcode scanner installed since day one and never had a problem with my camera.
  9. digiburd

digiburd New Member

yeah so far so good.

barcode sanner needs to update!!!

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

11. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

just started having trouble this morning. No barcode scanner.

Happened right after a couple of updates. Not sure if they are related. It was tiny flashlight and twitter I think that updated.
  12. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I had this happen once the other day as well. I don't have bar code scanner installed, but I do have Fx Camera (although I've yet to even open it).

Hasn't happened since I rebooted.
  13. enganear

enganear Active Member

This happened twice to me today, very annoying. No bar code reader, but I do have Retro Camera and My Measures. Both times I fixed it temporarilyu with a reboot. Hope this is fixed soon!
  14. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Happened to me a bunch. No barcode stuff installed. I did have a flashlight app. Between that and lousy signal I returned the phone for another. No issues on this one.
  15. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

I've had similar issues with barcode APPS - like Amazon.
  16. alexcool25565

alexcool25565 Well-Known Member

Hello, i failed to root my phone i followed the instructions and now when i went to use my camera it said cannot connect to camera. I've rebooted my phone, turned it of then on, and i also went in FTM mode then restarted. I really would appreciate it if i could get a answer. thanks.