• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot Connect to device Spica GT-I5700R

Baranth

Lurker
Apr 4, 2011
I have a Spica GT-I5700R
PDA :I5700UXJA8
PHONE : I5700UXJA8
CSC :I5700UXJA2
Firmware 1.5
KERNEL 2.6.27 root@sep-51
build cupcake.UXJA8

Is there someplace i can take this in the Toronto area where i can pay someone to update it to 2.1? I have tried i downloaded many files but cannot connect to the device. My computing skills are limited. If someone knows of a place I would be grateful

Please search the forums, this has ben asked and answered many times, the answer is the same each time.

To update your phone you need to do it manually, as oppose to your oporator doing it over the air.

To do a manual update you need to get odin, all needed update files.

And no you can't update through kies/samsung new personal studio for the spica, but I believe the galaxy s will.

Read this topic for a very detailed guide for exactly how to update to 2.1 http://www.androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-spica/124299-root-me-baby-one-more-time.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones