1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cannot connect to gmail account/market

1. Boopolo

Boopolo Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

i jsut got myself an android phone and very happy with it
    but i cannot set up the gmail account. it keeps saying

"This could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customare care"

other onternet works on phone in browser and i can get the googlemap to work too, jsut cannot set up the market to download apps.

someone please advise?

many thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. lluisanunez

lluisanunez Member

I think your account was only partially set up.

First go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, and tap the Google Apps entry. Then tap 'Clear data', and tap 'OK' to confirm. This will delete your Google account details. To enter your account details go to Settings > Data synchronization > Google and you'll be prompted with the set up dialogue. Enter your account details and you're done.
    ProD83 likes this.
  3. Boopolo

ive already done that. but still showing the same message.

what do u mean by partially set up? if the internet works on the browser,
    shouldnt it work on connecting to the google server?
    am i missing any other settings?

oh the other thing is o2 network said they did not have any internet settings on my phone so i just copied across my old phones settings over, maybe i missed something? but there are so many settings i am not sure what is needed

I bought my phone on the net from hong kong, it is unlocked,
    does that make any difference?
    Dennie likes this.
  4. lluisanunez

lluisanunez Member

My phone was also bought on the net and unlocked. During first setup I did'nt enter all my Google account data, after that it was impossible to connect to the Market, I always had the same message as you get.
    If clearing all data under the Google sync menu doesn't work for you, I'd suggest a factory reset
  5. Boopolo

factory reset? what will i lose? took me ages to transfer my numbers over but guess i just have to do it again.

only just got it so nothing really to lose but just concerned whether it will wipe the unlocked bit and the chinese writing input?

how do i factory reset it? a special various key entries?
  6. lluisanunez

lluisanunez Member

Home > Menu > Settings > Security > Factory Reset

Yes you'll loose all your contacts, unless you copy them all to the SIM card (one by one, I'm afraid), and all apps you have installed
  7. Boopolo

eeeerrrr....... i have no such thing under security

under security i have a clear credential storage but cannot access it, it is greyed out

what is credential storage? is it the same?
  8. lluisanunez

lluisanunez Member

9. Boopolo

ahh thank you for your help. i will have a look

still wont work :mad:

can someone please shed some more light?

anyone else had similar problems?
  10. pulsarman

pulsarman Well-Known Member

you can hard reset the phone by holding a few buttons when you turn it on or something. cant remember what buttons tho, google it to find out
  11. Boopolo

still nothing :(
  12. Boopolo

ok i did another reset and now i can gt onto the market! brilliant

but now i can get onto youtube site but the videos wont play, just the circle thing going round in circle. both the proper site and using the built in app. when i try to sign in to my youtube account, it says not recognised!

one problem after another,
  13. subsvirgin

subsvirgin New Member

I had a problem setting up my gmail account and using Android market. I did as was told here. I cleared all data from the gmail app by going into manage application option in settings. And then I tried logging in through the setup app in the menu. It worked. BTW, I use a HTC Wildfire S.

Thank you all.
  14. galaxino3

galaxino3 New Member

Hi

I face same problem . I have Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 . as lluisanunez said , i chose the "manage apps option"from the list in settings and i read this "there are no third party apps installed on your phone" .

What is data synchronization ? I once came across this word in my Computers book , and never asked my sir about this . please help! i want to solve this problem before i start going to my school after my leave .
  15. KeishaBug8402

KeishaBug8402 New Member

mine was doing the same thing, i had to go uninstall the updates on the android market app then it worked fine
  16. Marian14

Marian14 New Member

Hi guys! :)

I have Samsung Galaxy Mini or GT-S5570.. I have a problem. how can I set-up the market to download different apps? Help pls????
  17. ProD83

ProD83 New Member

Wow, I probably just sat with my phone for 2 hours now trying to figure out what the heck it wouldn't connect to my google accounts - lluisanunez you are my savor!!! The happiness and relief I felt when it finally connected!!! THANK YOU!
  18. andytx

andytx Active Member

I got same problem with HD player, any solution for it?
  19. bobbiestringer

bobbiestringer New Member

Just tried to activate my Google account to go n android market and it kept on telling me there was a problem with my android device or the server, couldn't find any info so I just played about in settings. Go to settings, then to accounts and sync and activate the button to let apps talk in the backgroun (background data) came straight on.
    Hope this helps someone :)
  20. Giller

Giller New Member

Just got a HTC for my girlfriend, same problem with google. Mainland China has restrictions on google, my guess is that the system we have on the phone is not from HK, but a Mainland one. I'm looking to re-install the europe version, but I'm not sure if it will support Chinese/work in China. Trying to find a HK system to install.
  21. eeneerock

eeneerock New Member

Hay i use micromax a110 I have also this problem
  22. MrNepal

MrNepal New Member

Thank you lluisansunez, it was great help. Same issue I found yesterday in my Chinese android phone, you really help me out. Did same what you said now it's working fine and I added gmail account & market working fine too. :)