Cannot connect to hidden ssidSupport

Last Updated:

1. SkyCake

SkyCake New Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried virtually every combination of wireless security protocol, b/g/n, hidden ssid enabler, manually adding wifi network making sure to input password over the past two days. nothing works, and i am getting very annoyed.

Dlink router DIR-625

Samsung Galaxy S canada

Android 2.1update1

I have tried every fix in the following post:

Issue 1041 - android - Hidden SSID Fails to Connect - Project Hosting on Google Code

and now from seeing that android has had this bug for over 2 years, i am seriously considering returning my phone based on a lack of faith that google will ever fix this issue.

help..... i dont want to have to buy an iphone.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Can any mobile device connect to a hidden SSID. Can the iPhone do that? I have a NDS, a PSP, a wii, a Galaxy S, and none of them can connect to a hidden SSID.

3. Enseeess

Enseeess New Member

Yes, the iPhone will detect them, and Blackberry's. I have also tried in vain to connect to my company wi-fi network without success. I also had this problem with a Windows mobile phone and now the Galaxy S.

4. mikosNZ

mikosNZ New Member

I have no problems connected to a hidden SSID network on my Samsung Galaxy S. Its a WPA2-Personal encrypted network using a WAG54G router and definitely has a hidden SSID.

Dont really have any ideas to help you other that to say it is possible to do it. So there must be something missing from this puzzle? Alot of the people having problems with this do seem to be using WEP so it could be worth trying the more secure WPA2?

5. Enseeess

Enseeess New Member

It is using WPA2 security. All I get it "not in range. Settings remembered" - or words to that effect.