Support Cannot connect to internet without Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DanLatt, Jul 30, 2012.

1. DanLatt

DanLatt New Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Hey,
    As the title suggests I cannot connect to the internet without using Wi-Fi.

Before I go into some detail I have looked around these forums for a solution, and around the rest of the web but to no answer.

I've recently bought an S3 and it's great, nothing to complain about except I cannot connect to the internet, unless it is on a public or home Wi-Fi. For example I can use my home Wi-Fi fine but as soon as I leave the range I cannot connect to any internet applications.

Inside my Settings>> More Settings>> Mobile Networks>> my 'Use packet data' is selected and I have turned off my Wi-Fi access on my phone to test this properly.

I can't find a solution anywhere, any help would be great thank you.

Advertisement

2. DanLatt

DanLatt New Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Bumping.

Anything at all that could be helpful? If someone has an idea of where I could start pressing buttons I might be able to figure it out myself.

3. vzw+google+htc=:)

vzw+google+htc=:) Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Pharmacist
    Illinois
    Download phone info app from play store and see how it is connecting. Do you have 4G lte on top of phone? Might be bad SIM card. I loose 4g connection and use the app above to toggle to cdma auto to get data.

DanLatt likes this.
  4. DanLatt

DanLatt New Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks for the reply man, I did install that app and had a look around but unfortunately didn't find an answer.

But. I did try restarting my phone and ta da. It worked. Such a simple answer, I'm going to give you a thanks anyway for replying, thanks for the help mate.

5. universem2

universem2 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    DanLatt did your problems resurface?