• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot connect to PC

sebion92

Lurker
Jul 11, 2012
Hello. I am new to this site. Here is my problem: everytime I connect my HTC Wildfire to any PC/laptop, the red light appears( as it does when it is charging), but the menu from whitch to select the type of connection does not apper. In other words, when I connect to PC, the meny from witch I usually select Disk Drive does not appear on my phone. It just sitts and charges. In my computer, the drive does not appear. Can someone tell me why is this happening and how can I solve the problem ? My PC has the minimum requirements for Windows 7 but Windows XP SP3 is installed on it.

Hello. I am new to this site. Here is my problem: everytime I connect my HTC Wildfire to any PC/laptop, the red light appears( as it does when it is charging), but the menu from whitch to select the type of connection does not apper. In other words, when I connect to PC, the meny from witch I usually select Disk Drive does not appear on my phone. It just sitts and charges. In my computer, the drive does not appear. Can someone tell me why is this happening and how can I solve the problem ? My PC has the minimum requirements for Windows 7 but Windows XP SP3 is installed on it.
>have you insatlled the drivers in your PC

>IF drivers are installed then After connecting phone to PC try rebooting your phone with still usb cable attached to PC

Upvote 0
Yes I did.The drivers are installed long before this problem had occured. In the past, it had work everytime I connected it to PC. I also tried rebooting the phone multiple times but still nothing. When its connected via disk drive, it just sits and charges and when it is in HTC sync my computer says there is no device connected.

Upvote 0
Yes I did.The drivers are installed long before this problem had occured. In the past, it had work everytime I connected it to PC. I also tried rebooting the phone multiple times but still nothing. When its connected via disk drive, it just sits and charges and when it is in HTC sync my computer says there is no device connected.
Try re installing the drivers then .

Upvote 0
I just bought a new htc cable, and unlike the original htc cable, when I connect to the PC it does nothing (the original sits and charges). Can someone tell me if the new usb cable bought online is the problem or my phone is ? the place form were i bought it:
originale.ro - Original HTC DC M410 microUSB cablu de date (Desire Nexus One HD2)
Here is the google translation of the description: Original HTC microUSB Data Cable DC-M410. Transfer images, videos and music on the mobile computer and vice versa.

Compatibility:
Nexus One
HTC 7 Mozart, Aria, Bravo, Buzz, Desire, Desire S, Droid Incredible, Evo 3D, Evo 4G, HD2, HD Mini, Legend, Leo, Rhyme, Salsa Sensation, Sensation XE, XL Sensation Titan Wildfire Wildfire S
T-Mobile Pulse, Pulse Mini
other models with microUSB connector

features:
book publishing
installation / update firmaware, software
good processing, 100% original
internet access to mobile
backup data from mobile
USB 2.0

Sorry for double posting. Everytime i clicked on edit the window was not loading. The only one that barely worked is reply.

Upvote 0
I realize this is an old thread, but I recently had the same problem as the OP with my Wildfire-S, and fixed it. What I did was to go into the phone's settings under "Connect to PC" or something similar.

I found that my phone was set to a default setting of "charge only" when a usb cable is connected. I changed the setting to "disk drive".

Then I reconnected the phone to the PC using the usb cable, and Windows recognized the phone and popped up an Explorer window.

Though the OP has probably moved on to some other phone, hopefully this will help some current Wildfire-S owner experiencing the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones