1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cannot connect to the internetSupport

1. njg1225

njg1225 New Member

I got my first ever smart phone a couple of days ago so should start by saying that I know next to nothing about operating them!!

To begin with I was fine, but then this evening I suddenly seem to have lost the ability to connect to the internet.

I'm not sure what information I need to give that will help solve the problem. In settings, WiFi, it says I am connected to my home WiFi service. The signal strength icon at the top of the screen is fluctuating between 2-3 bars.

I don't know how the phone connects when I am out of my home and I'm not sure where I need to look to identify the problem.

If anyone could direct to me what I should be looking at I would be very grateful.

Nicole

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole, congratulations on your first smart phone :).

Does this problem of no internet connection occur only when you are away from the Wi-Fi connection?
  3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Turn off your Wifi on the phone and then reconnect and see if that resolves the issue.
  4. njg1225

njg1225 New Member

Hi.

No, the problem was ocurring both when I was in range and out of range of my home wifi.

After posting my original message i continued playing around with the phone and managed to 'solve' the problem by switching everything off, and then back on again. There were a few worrying moments after switching on when all my photos seemed to have disappeared!! but everything just seemed to sort itself out after a few minutes.

I still don't really understand what the problem was, or how it got solved :eek: but at least it seems to be working again now.

Thank you for taking time to reply.