• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot connect to the internet

njg1225

Lurker
Jul 9, 2012
I got my first ever smart phone a couple of days ago so should start by saying that I know next to nothing about operating them!!

To begin with I was fine, but then this evening I suddenly seem to have lost the ability to connect to the internet.

I'm not sure what information I need to give that will help solve the problem. In settings, WiFi, it says I am connected to my home WiFi service. The signal strength icon at the top of the screen is fluctuating between 2-3 bars.

I don't know how the phone connects when I am out of my home and I'm not sure where I need to look to identify the problem.

If anyone could direct to me what I should be looking at I would be very grateful.

Nicole

Hi.

No, the problem was ocurring both when I was in range and out of range of my home wifi.

After posting my original message i continued playing around with the phone and managed to 'solve' the problem by switching everything off, and then back on again. There were a few worrying moments after switching on when all my photos seemed to have disappeared!! but everything just seemed to sort itself out after a few minutes.

I still don't really understand what the problem was, or how it got solved :eek: but at least it seems to be working again now.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones