Cannot Detect USB Drivers? WTH?Support

1. f1fanatic

f1fanatic Well-Known Member

I'm trying to drop a new .tar file on my Moment using the Sprint Updater. I've placed the file in the binary folder. I get as far as putting the phone in the downloading mode and connect it to the computer and Windows 7 says it did not successfully install the drivers, halting the process.

I've used the updater before, what am I missing? I can turn the phone on and connect it to the computer fine and understand the debugging deal. Am I forgetting a step? :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Uninstall the drivers and swupgrade program and reinstall (be sure to move your .tar file first). Also double check debugging is off.
  3. f1fanatic

I did all these things and I'm still getting the same message when plugging in the phone when the updater asks for it. Uninstalled the USB Drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the Updater with Patch. Windows is set to automatically update.

Any other suggestions. Kinda maddening.
  4. dntesinfrno

Plug the phone into the usb and check your device manager for any errors. This may give some clue as to what is happening.
  5. f1fanatic

Thanks for the reply. When the phone is off there is a notification on the driver for the M900. But that makes sense doesn't it, since the phone is not on. If I turn the phone on there are no suspicious notifications under usb devices. But there is no USB device for the M900 either. Unmounted, or mounted. Weird since I can access the phone on the PC.
  6. dntesinfrno

Run usbdeview and remove any and all instances of samsung or android, then reinstall the driver package located in \program files\samsung electronics\swupgrade\driver.....sounds like there is a corrupted driver that is hold things up. This will force the PC to reinstall all the drivers again. usbdeview can be found here :

View any installed/connected USB device on your system
  7. f1fanatic

Ok, don't ask me how but I got past the usb driver problem. But now in the updater, while trying to put in a new .tar file, it just stays on "ready" status during the download portion of the process. How long does this download take. I've tried re-downloading the .tar file twice now.

I googled the usb problem and ended up downloading a new PC Studio that had Samsung mobile phone drivers. Then I actually went into the file itself and installed the driver. So I got past that point in the updater process but now stuck in the downloading screen with "ready" in the status bar.
  8. dntesinfrno

This is a know issue with the updater and win 7, from what i've seen its just random luck really. If the status area doesn't show its transfering data then its safe to just unplug the usb and reinsert it. Keep at it and it will work.