Cannot download picture messagesSupport

1. gm123

gm123 New Member

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) on a TalkTalk contract. If someone sends her a picture by text, she gets a message with a "download" button but, when she presses it it just says "downloading" for a while and then "download unsuccesful".

Have tried several things already (in no particular order; have re-booted after various of these steps):
    1. I have an identical phone - we got them at the same time. I can receive pictures fine. I have checked all the APN and other relevant settings and they all look the same.
    2. Got TalkTalk to resend the settings. Then deleted the settings and got TalkTalk to send again.
    3. Put the settings in manually from the listings in TalkTalk online help.
    4. Checked that packet data is enabled.
    5. Switched off wi-fi to force packet data use (I heard pictures won't download via wi-fi).
    6. Someone said you have to send a picture message before you can receive one. Now, this is where it gets unusual....she received the picture that she sent to herself. But she still can't get any others.

It's also only a notification, not the original message. For example, if you press and hold a text you get about 6 options like "forward" and "attached items...save", but she only gets basic ones like "delete". So she can't even forward the message to me or save it to the SD card.

The only thing I can think of is that the pictures exceed some sort of maximum size. All the ones I have are less than 100kb - I don't know how large hers are as she can't download them!!

Can anyone help, please?

Advertisement
    :