• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot factory reset my Aocos Android tablet

jjimenez61

Lurker
May 11, 2012
Hi, there. I am posting this here since there is not a specific section for Aocos tablets.
The thing is I am trying to factory reset my Aocos N19 tablet and it does not seem to work. I have Android 2.3 installed. This is what happens:

1.When I try to factory reset via software (that is using settings--Privacy--Factory data reset) the thing powers off every time. It happens as soon as I press the "Erase everything" button, so I cannot do anything else. It does not block the tablet, it just shuts it down, so I have to turn it back on. Tried many time and still not working.

2. When I try to go on the hardware side nothing happens. I turn off the tablet, whith the power cable pluged and press power and volume up buttons and nothing. The table wont turn on. If anythiing it gets blocked and I have to pinch the reset button and then I can turn on the tablet.

Could it be a conflicting service that I have to turn off, of any app?

I will very much appreciate any help you can give me.

Hi, there. I am posting this here since there is not a specific section for Aocos tablets.

There isn't, not for Aocos. There's only specific sections for the more popular Chinese tablet brands like Huawei, Lenovo and ZTE.

The thing is I am trying to factory reset my Aocos N19 tablet and it does not seem to work. I have Android 2.3 installed. This is what happens:

1.When I try to factory reset via software (that is using settings--Privacy--Factory data reset) the thing powers off every time. It happens as soon as I press the "Erase everything" button, so I cannot do anything else. It does not block the tablet, it just shuts it down, so I have to turn it back on. Tried many time and still not working.

2. When I try to go on the hardware side nothing happens. I turn off the tablet, whith the power cable pluged and press power and volume up buttons and nothing. The table wont turn on. If anythiing it gets blocked and I have to pinch the reset button and then I can turn on the tablet.

Could it be a conflicting service that I have to turn off, of any app?

I will very much appreciate any help you can give me.

Sound like the tablet's software is buggy. It's one of the usual problems with the cheaper off-brand Chinese devices. Software updates might be on the manufacturer's website aocos.cn if you can read Chinese that is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones