• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot figure out how to edit preferences in Accounts

UPDATE: This was just moved to this forum, so wanted to include that this is on a Nexus 6P. On my HTC M8, I was able to do what i've described below without issue.

When I go to Accounts in Settings, I see the correct list of accts that are synced with the phone, however, I can't enter any preferences into them except for the Google acct. When I click on an account (other than Google), I see my username & the only options in the menu are 'sync now', 'remove acct', & 'help and feedback' (which did not help, lol). The only one that showed any info, in the form of a toggle on/off button and time/date of last sync was the Twitter acct.

Specifically, I was trying to get my FB friends to show in the Contact list so I can merge entries. When I go into the Contacts settings, and look at accts, FB doesn't show up, but when I attempt to add it, I get a msg stating only one FB acct can be added.

Is this just wondering if that's 'working as designed' or am I missing something.

Last edited:
Hi @ella69,
Since your issue doesn't sound like it's specific to the 6P, I've moved it to the Android Applications subforum - you should get more eyes here.

I don't think I've ever seen useful sync settings for accounts other than a Google account under Settings > Accounts. I imagine you would be able to set an option somewhere within the Facebook app to get the contacts to appear (if it's possible at all), but I haven't used Facebook in ages so I'm afraid I'm no help.

Hopefully someone else will be able to lend some additional assistance. :)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones