• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot find - Changing email sound notifications

mkreitz

Nov 23, 2009
Does anyone know how to change the specific sound for the Mail application? I have the default notification set to a sound I want for all my texts, emails, and gmails. However, when I get a corporate email on my Thunderbolt it is not the default notificiation sound. I know apps can be set independently of the default sound but there is nowhere in the Mail settings to achieve this. It was easy on the Droid, but for some reason I cannot find it on the Thunderbolt. Driving me crazy as I want to set a specific sound for corporate vs personal emails. Anyone found a way to fix this?

Kinda in the same boat myself. It doesn't appear to have a seperate selection for different email account notifications. I also can't get the specific tone I choose to actually work. It keeps going back to almost like a default tone. Alpha is the name of it. I change it and save it and it still keeps using that tone. It's annoying. Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to change the specific sound for the Mail application? I have the default notification set to a sound I want for all my texts, emails, and gmails. However, when I get a corporate email on my Thunderbolt it is not the default notificiation sound. I know apps can be set independently of the default sound but there is nowhere in the Mail settings to achieve this. It was easy on the Droid, but for some reason I cannot find it on the Thunderbolt. Driving me crazy as I want to set a specific sound for corporate vs personal emails. Anyone found a way to fix this?

Settings/sounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones