Cannot find the silicone case I wantAccessories

Last Updated:

1. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN Member This Topic's Starter

I have been searching the internet and reading people's experiences with cases and have come to the conclusion of what I want. I know I want a silicone / rubber case that has all the cut outs including ones for the volume rocker and camera button. I want those cut out because I heard people had issues pushing down on the 2 stage camera button using a silicone case with moldings. The finish I am looking for is something that won't stick when I am trying to take it out of my pocket like a smooth matte or a non sticky glossy feel. If anyone can point me in the right direction where I can find what I am looking for that would be awesome. (I know I am being kinda specific)

Advertisement
  2. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense and I'm searching for the identical design. For now I've cut out the camera overlay from the glossy gel case that VZW sells. It makes the camera button MUCH more usual. If you find a different style that works without cutting please LMK! :)

Mike

3. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN Member This Topic's Starter

Will do but I starting to think it doesn't exists. Responses I have been getting is use an exacto knife. Someone told me that the verizon glossy silicone case doesn't hamper the use of the 2 stage camera button. Is that true?

4. dequardo

I don't think that's true. I find it 100% better focusing and then firing the shutter once I cut the opening out.

5. tksuther

tksuther Active Member

The shutter button being covered is exactly why I replaced my (Verizon) silicone case with the Rocketfish snap-on case from Best Buy.

6. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I got my verizon silicon case last weekend and I like it way more than I thought I would. Originally I didn't use a case, but I figured that since I was going on vacation I should probably get something to protect my phone during travel. In fact I liked having a case on the phone so I also went and ordered a hard case from Amzer which should get here tomorrow. With the silicon case it is a little difficult to press the 2 stage shutter, and occasionally the phone will shake as I'm pushing it, which can have a negative effect on the photos. But the 2.2 upgrade includes a shutter button on the screen so that you dont even need to use the button.

7. Ledde

Ledde New Member

Hi n0t4g4iN, I find this Silicone Motorola Droid X case from sourcingmap. Does it meet your need?

8. dequardo

uh, no. like most, it covers the camera and volume buttons.