cannot flush JRO030

1. I am trying to flash new JB JRO030 on to Verizon Galaxy Nexus but have issues. I am using stock ISC 4.0.4 build number IMM76K. As far as I understand the instructions, I do not need to do anything special to flash my phone with that build since I already have stock IMM76K (Download: Jelly Bean (JRO03O) Update for Verizon Galaxy Nexus – Droid Life). I am using ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.0 and get the assert failed error.

See the attached image for the full error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

You must completely wipe all data, cache, system and dalvik cache. You misread the instructions. Not doing anything special referred to another process.

:)
  3. I did Wipe data / Factory reset and then Wipe Cache Partition and got the same error. See attached. I also tried flashing directly from ROM Manager, where I selected Install Rom from SD card, selected the zip file and checked to Wipe data and Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache

By the way this is not my first flash. I used to flash my original droid with different Roms and stock builds.

I think the issue with something else.

Attached Files:

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

did you check the MD5? While rare it is possibly to get a corrupted download.

I'm not a expert but coming at the beginning like that, it almost looks like the rom is failing a integrity check...

try downloading it again.
  5. I found the problem. I have ICS 4.0.4 build IMM76K and needed IMM76Q. Once I flashed to Q I was able to flash the phone with JB.

thanks for all your help.