Cannot force move apps to SD card [Titanium Backup]

1. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly what the issue is.

I am trying to move a couple of apps onto my SD card. I know you long press the app you want to move, and select the choice to move it. My problem, is TiBu shows the notification of it being moved. I then go back into setting, look at the apps on SD card, and they do not show up.

I am running NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1
    My Titanium Backup is at version 3.2.4

I can reboot, still doesnt work. Superuser shows Titanium has permissions, so I am not sure what the deal is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. stewart1champ

Nothing?

No ideas.... Man, this sucks. I am almost to the point of being tired of trying.
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Ok, after reboot, go to settings, applications, and force launcher pro to stop.. all your apps should show up
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. FUCCO

FUCCO Well-Known Member

not all apps can be moved to sd card. the developer when makin the app has to allow this. since froyo is very new not many apps have been updated to do this.
  5. stewart1champ

No, Titanium Backup has the support to do it. We all know, and there are a couple different threads about it.

Its not an application showing up thing. Please read.

1. I open Titanium, long press, select the move to SD card.
    2. Notification pops up, showing it has been moved.
    3. Go into setting, it does not show the app on the SD card.
    4. Go back to Titanium, long press same app, it gives option to move to SD card again.
    5. Go to settings, APPS, it still not listed on SD card.

I can reboot, power off, throw phone off wall, etc., nothing moves ANY apps to the SD card except the ones inside setting that give you the original option.

Its like my edition of Titanium Backup acts like it is moving them, but really doesn't.
  6. G.Armour

Try uninstalling and reinstalling TiBu. If that don't work, maybe reformat your SD card, and then try it..
    But the other person was right, not all apps can be moved, even with TiBu.. try adobe flash because I know that one can.
  7. stewart1champ

I know which apps can be moved. I have tried to move Flash many times. I have tried to move my games, which earlier, I was able to move all of them. Actually, when I did a restore, I could still no longer move apps back and forth with Titanium. I had moved a couple onto the SD card. Changed ROM's, changed back again, and it hasn't worked since.

Hmmm.
  8. G.Armour

It will only work on froyo roms.
    Try reformatting ur SD card.

9. stewart1champ

I have only been using Froyo roms since they were leaked.

Your tapatalk must not work, or you don't read all of what is said... haha.
  10. G.Armour

I seen you say u switched roms. I thought u may have switched back to 2.1 but guess not. Have you tried reformatting ur SD card? If that don't work, I am out of ideas.
    Anyone else got any ideas?
  11. stewart1champ

I was kidding btw.

Anywho.

The ROMS I had...

One had FRFxx
    and the other FRF57

Not sure if that changed anything or not, both are 2.2. But when I first flashed, I could move them with Titanium. Now since going up to 57, I cant. I will reformat when I get home, and see what happens.
  12. stewart1champ

Ok, solution.

Came home, copied files to PC.

Formatted card, everything back to working again.

I did notice. On the FRFxx test keys ROM, the folder to hold the app was inside the SDCard folder, under ".android_secure"

Now, with FRF57, the folder is listed beside the SD card [when viewing in astro], and all the backups are being sent to the folder "asec".

Just giving a heads up, if anyone else had/has this issue.
  13. benzmar

benzmar Well-Known Member

I purchased titanium pro for 5.99 USSR and when I long press an app, still I see the button of move to sd is in inactive mode.
    I use xperia x10i.
    Can I move apps to sd or should I uninstall and get it refunded?
    Please advice.
  14. djqwikcut

djqwikcut Well-Known Member

I have this problem as well on my EVO. I had TB PRO working and I was able to use the MOVE APP TO SD option to force the apps to the SD card. Now, I can press the command and it looks like it is working but I dont get any notification that it did anything and the button is still there to MOVE THE APP TO SD. I can, however move ANY APP DESIGNED for SD using the APP2SD program.

So, I am thinking it is a TITANIUM BACKUP PRO issue.. anyone with any ideas??
  15. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

FYI to some of you guys... I have been able to move every non system app I have ever wanted to my SD card with TiBu.

until recently. I came across the first & only app I could not move (the "move to SD card" button is dimmed) and emailed the dev and he explained it this way to me

"The reason my app cannot be moved is because it is copy-protected. This was Google's initial solution to anti-app-piracy and for security of user's data within an app, so I turned this on for my app. It prevents copying to SD card because the app/data is stored within an encrypted area on the phone's internal memory.

Google now how licensing verification that lets an app verify that the person using it actually bought it. I am working on integrating this into my app and will have it in a future update."

so, it looks like there is a method, for purchased apps, that can stop TiBu from moving it IF the dev codes it as such but a method seems to be coming/is available to get around it if the dev codes it as such
  16. djqwikcut

BUT what about my issue where I used to be able to move APPS TO SD with TB and now I can no longer? I posted on the TB FORUM and was told the developer will look at it but nothing yet...
  17. djqwikcut

anyone? I am stuck with this issue.. I reformatted the card and copied everything back onto it. still can not use the MOVE APP TO SD in TB PRO. HELP!
  18. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Even if the app could be moved before, if an update has taken its place, and it is a purchased app, and the app dev has incorporated the new copy-protection, then it will no longer work. Even if it did before.

Read Lock's post again.
  19. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Yet another annoyance with paid apps. Not only are they overpriced for the most part, but just imagine if every developer adds in this switch. You will be limited yet again to your internal storage for all apps, and have this nice big sdcard going to waste. It's all pointless anyway, even with that new code apps get cracked and many people run them from sdcard anyway without buying them.

Just throw in some type of lame encryption to keep developers happy (like having the app tied to the ESN via the OS itself when installed), while still allowing people to move to sd. If their app is on the phone, it doesn't matter where it is stored because anyone can copy the file and crack it anyway. But no, people are stupid and like wasting money on irrelevant anti-piracy protections that have been proven time and time again to be completely useless.

The only people being inconvenienced are the honest people who actually pay for stuff.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  20. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Amen.

I've put over $100 into apps thus far on my DROID, in a little over a year. And this kind of thing makes me madder'n hell....
  21. Timewarp

Timewarp Member

22. leland

leland New Member

This is probably a dumb question, but when you say open up a terminal does this mean doing something on your computer with adb or is there an app that allows commands like this to be entered?
  23. Timewarp

Timewarp Member

I used the Terminal Emulator app.
  24. samc690

samc690 New Member

On my tablet nothing appears on SD card when I try move my apps.
    But I've notice in Applications > Manage apps the option is to move back to device memory so I'm thinking my tablet internal memory is for some reason set to the SD card space :confused: