• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot get Apps2SD to work.

jduval43

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I have searched and read and followed all steps I could to the T. I cannot seem to get Apps2SD to work. I am using Drellisdee's recovery as well as Trident's Velocity 3. I have formatted the SD card to 0mb swap with 512mb Ext.3 and FAT32 for the rest. I have an 8GB class 2 (I know it sucks) SD card. I tried using Drellisdee's recovery and the one included with ROM Manager. I have verified I have the Ext partition through Titanium backup. it shows that I have 102 out of 159MB free on my internal storage and 220 out of 480MB free on my A2sd partition. If I long press on an app on Titanium backup I am not allowed to move it to the SD (The option is grayed out) and when I install an app the internal space goes down. It doesnt seem to matter if I install the app from a backup or directly from the market.

I have tried re-flashing the recovery and ROM multiple times with no luck. If anyone could help me I would be VERY great full.

Ps. Sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much info up front as possible.

If I long press on an app on Titanium backup I am not allowed to move it to the SD (The option is grayed out)

I dont believe that titanium backup should be able to do that. I think that's a feature that would be available in a froyo build. Froyo handles apps2sd a little differently than Raptor or Velocity do. All of your apps (except system apps) will automatically go to the ext partition.

and when I install an app the internal space goes down.

This is expected. Currently the dalvik-cache for an app will get saved on internal storage. Its not a good idea to move dalvik to the sd card especially for lower class cards. For reference I have 70+ apps on my phone and am down to abot 40 MB of internal.

To test if a2sd is working try this from a terminal:

Code:
ls /system/sd
you should see a folder called "app" and "app-private" there

Also do:

Code:
ls -l /data

you should see a symlink /data/app --> /system/sd/app

If you are still having issues, pop into the LG Ally IRC channel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones