• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot get SD card to mount (music transfer issue)

Droid_Badger

Jul 15, 2010
I am on a MacBook Pro. I cannot get my SD card to mount. The Droid X tells me:

"The memory card is missing. Insert a memory card to access Media Share."

The media card is 100% IN the device and I am trying to use double twist to move play lists from my itunes to the Droid X.

Help!

you need to use usb mass storage mode. Once you plug the phone into the computer using usb, in notifications there is an option to configure the usb connection. use usb mass storage mode. once you change this you might have to disconnect and reconnect your phone once or twice ( I did). But once it connects, it should work perfectly from there on out.

Upvote 0
Very strange if it sometimes works and sometimes does not. Sorry but i can't reproduce this. Working fine after I enabled mass storage mode for me.

Edit: Well i just disconnected and connected my phone 10 times, and indeed the 8th of ten times it just didn't connect. Didn't start charging, nothing, as if it just didn't know what was happening. The rest of the times it worked. Perhaps there is some rare issue??

Upvote 0
I am experiencing the same thing. I connected my Droid X to a 3.06 GHz Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6.4. After I selected the USB mass storage, it showed up and I copied a few photos over. That was the only time I got it to show up. I disconnected it and when I went to add some more files later on... nothing, nada, zip. The media share thing says I have no SD card. I have tried battery pulls, and even removing the SD card and putting it back in the slot... just for the sake of trying something. No dice.

I have to say that it's pretty frustrating. My Blackberry Tour may have surfed the web at the speed of a turtle... but it was hearty and never finicky like this. On day one with the Droid X, I had to call VZW tech support to perform a master reset as the damn thing locked up downloading my first app from the app market. When it works it's great... but honestly... it's seemingly unreliable. Reminds me of Microsoft Windows.... no offense to those of you Windows folks. Sigh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones