• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot get sync to work!!!!!

torchers

Lurker
Sep 25, 2009
I cannot get sync to work, I go to notifications, mount my hero as a usb drive, I then get the autoplay menu come up, I click on HTC Sync and an error message saying 'error reading setup initialization file'. Until I get this done I cannot update my hero, only had it a day but must've tried it a hundred times, HELP!!!!!

That's why. Select "HTC Sync" in notifications, not "USB connected".
I can't get it to work on HTC Wildfire either after "Updating". The stupid PC Prog loads but all I get is "No device connected" despite doing everything I can think of. I remember fighting with this daft sync prog when I bought the phone. What I particularly like is the message "You can connect your HTC device to your PC with a USB cable to syncronize (Sic) all your favorite(Sic) content" especially the "Help" which doesn't. I'm thinking of throwing the phone out of the window now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones