• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot get USB Charge/Sync/H Drive connect Menu

andrewg903

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Hi,

Up to now my HTC Wildfire S has been working great but now I am having issues connecting it to my pc.

Up to now I have connected the USB cable to the phone and the other end to the laptop and got the phones USB selection menu: Charge only, Mount as Storage Device, Sync selected what I need i.e. storage drive - Ok and then the file appears on my pc but now I get nothing.

Tried the usual USB debugging, show menu when inserting cable, trying all available USB ports but nothing happens.

Tried my wife's phone (same as mine) and it works fine as in the menu appears so that tells me the lead is working fine which means there's either a missing file on the android o/s or the phone is faulty.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve would be great.

Cheers
Andrew

Is it detected but simply not showing? If that's the case then I had the same problem. My phone would work perfectly on the pc but my friend's phone wouldn't show up even if it's the same phone. There is a settings which needs to be changed in the pc itself.
This is how I sorted it out:
Click Start --> Right Click "My Computer" --> Click Manage.
Now Click Disk Management. You should see a drive without a drive letter on it. Make sure the drive matchs the same size as your USB stick. Right Click on the USB partition with out a drive letter and click on Change Drive Letter and Paths. Add a drive letter of something like X: or Z: drive. After it is all done. Close Computer Manager and head into My Computer. The USB Drive will be avaliable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones