Cannot hear or be heard while making calls since 2.2 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. dbenge947

dbenge947 Member This Topic's Starter

So I updated to 2.2 OTA this morning and since then I cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear me while making phone calls. I tried the *228 and reprogrammed my phone with no luck. Is anyone else having this issue? I even tried customer service and could not hear the automated system.

Advertisement
  2. Ezra

Ezra Member

I am also having this issue. I tried rebooting the phone but still I can't hear or be heard by anyone. I read on another forum that someone had to uninstall launcher pro when they put a pre-release version of Froyo on their X. However I don't have launcher pro and I preformed the official OTA update this morning. I read somewhere else that the problem was fixed after a factory reset but I really don't want to have to do this. Anyone else have any suggestions?

3. hub_cap

hub_cap Member

Had same issue ---- I fixed mine by just re-setting the phone. (powering off/on).

4. Ezra

Ezra Member

*Updated*
    I just did a battery pull after simply rebooting the phone several times and that fixed the issue =D

5. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

I have a friend at work who had the same issue. The phone would still make calls and answer, but no audio for either caller until he powered down his phone and turned it back on.

6. LaZeR

LaZeR Well-Known Member

Had this strange bug randomly occur on the first non-official 'beta' and was the sole reason I switched back at the time to 2.1. I sure hope this is a fluke and doesn't start re-occurring on this official 2.2 :(

7. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I find this sometimes happens when I've been listening to music with headphones.

The phone didn't recognize that the headphones were removed and instead, is trying to output the sound out through the headphone jack.

A reboot certainly fixes it, but so does plugging in headphones and unplugging them :)