Cannot import Tasker Profiles

1. Machiavillain

Machiavillain New Member

Running Android 2.3.4 on HTC Thunderbolt and I've purchased the full version of Tasker

I have yet to figure out how to successfully import Tasker profiles to my device. I've visited many websites and have yet to find a reliable resource that explains what I'm doing wrong, or why this won't work.

I understand that you must place Tasker profiles in the /sdcard/Tasker/profiles directory, but I do not have a Profiles folder in the Tasker directory.

Screenshot here: i(DOT)imgur(DOT)com/iiZ5V.png
    (apparently I'm not allowed to include links in my first post)

I've manually created a folder named 'profiles' and included some tasker profiles I've downloaded in that folder. These files are in .xml format.

When I open Tasker and long-press the Profiles button and then click Import, I see nothing.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it behaves the same way regardless.

My questions:

Why do I not have a 'profiles' folder in my /sdcard/Tasker/ directory?

Why, when I manually create that 'profiles' folder am I still unable to import anything?

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I just checked mine and I no longer had a "profiles" folder.

When I went into tasker, I went to "Import" and it showed me a profiles folder. Then when I went back to /sdcard/tasker/, the folder was there. I put a profile in there and I could import it.

Maybe try delete your folder you created, restart the phone and do what I did.