Cannot increase font on android browser?

Last Updated:

1. vibrunazo

vibrunazo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I know I can increase the font size of a normal website by going to menu>settings>text size. But apparently that doesn't work on some websites. Usually it doesn't seem to work on the "mobile version" of some websites.

For example, if I go to TechCrunch on my android. Then I cannot change the text size on that page. Neither can I pinch zoom on that website. Which makes the articles unreadable for me.

Is there something I can do on my end to fix it? Is it wordpress who should fix their mobile engine (this site uses it)? Or is it techcrunch themselves who are configuring their wordpress wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

as I understand it, if you can't pinch to zoom you are on a mobile web site, not a normal one. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. vibrunazo

vibrunazo New Member This Topic's Starter

That was what I thought. So is that any way to either force the non-mobile version? (the phone I had before the android could do that) Or maybe is there any other way to force pinch zoom/font resize on the mobile version?

4. GeorgeinLA

GeorgeinLA Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem on some sites. There is a way to switch from mobile to regular web, but I'm not sure what it is.